Korora School Road rehabilitation broadly involved stabilisation and resealing works along with the installation of line marking and signage. The road experiences heavy traffic during school pick-up and drop-off times as such all works where performed within the school holidays with completion prior to school recommencement. There were several underground services including high voltage electricity and a water main. Works where required to fix a life-expired seal, degraded pavement material, insufficient shape, poor drainage, scouring and the overall poor condition of the road.
- Excavation of v-drains and reshaping of batters
- Gravel overlay to provide sufficient pavement thickness and shoulder widths
- Stabilising with a 3% blend of slag and lime
- Reshaping the road to provide sufficient cross-fall and improve drainage,
- Single coat spray seal with a 14mm/7mm scatter
- Line marking and signage